You’ll simply need to create a new ad account in your business manager, a new Facebook page, and set up a new payment method. In some cases, you may not have to create a new Facebook page.
How do I fix a disabled Facebook ad account?
First, jump into Ads Manager. Typically, you’ll see a red bar informing you the account has been disabled. Click Contact Us to submit your appeal and get your account back up and running. If you don’t see the red bar, perhaps you’ve gotten an email that told you your account has been disabled.
What happens when your Facebook ad account is disabled?
If your ad account is disabled or your Facebook account, Page, or Business Manager is restricted from advertising, you’ll receive an email and Facebook notification.
How do I reactivate my ad account?
To reactivate your Google Ads account:
- Go to your Account Preferences. Sign in to your Google Ads account. In the upper right hand corner, click the tools icon . Underneath “Setup,” click Preferences.
- Click the Account Status section to expand it.
- Click Reactivate my account.
How do I enable my Facebook ad account?
Add an ad account in Business Manager
- Go to Business Settings.
- Click Accounts from the left side menu. …
- Click the blue Add dropdown menu.
- Choose one of the 3 options: Add an Ad Account, Request Access to an Ad Account or Create a new ad account.
Why is ad account deactivated?
When your Facebook Ad account gets disabled, it’s typically because one or multiple of your ads violated their advertising policies.
How long will my Facebook account be disabled?
If Facebook needs more information to make their final decision on your account, they’ll let you know via email or text message. You’ll have 30 days from the time you receive the email from Facebook to provide the requested documentation. If you miss the 30-day deadline, your account will be permanently disabled.