Why does Facebook Notify me when someone posts a photo?
Most Facebook notifications tend to be a result of your own interactions with the site. You get notifications because you comment on posts, join groups or follow pages. The less you do of these things, the fewer notifications you’ll receive.
How do I stop getting notifications when a friend posts on Facebook?
Go to the post that you’d like to turn notifications on or off. Tap then tap More and select Turn on notifications for this post or Turn off notifications for this post. The person who posted won’t be notified that you turned notifications on or off.
It’s because he added you to his Close friend list. Click Edit Friend List > Check Close Friends > Done! Later on, you’ll get notified every time he posts something new. Facebook will let him know that you’ve added him as a Close Friend.
Why does Facebook Tell me when someone comments on someone else’s post?
If you comment on a post, post notifications will automatically be turned on. If you turn on notifications for a post, you’ll get notified whenever someone comments on the post. You won’t get notified when someone replies to a comment. Go to the post that you’d like to turn notifications on or off.
How can I stop my friends getting notified of my likes and comments in Facebook 2020?
Go to your profile, scroll down to “Likes” section. There is a pen icon on top-right of the “Likes” box. Click on it and select “Edit the Privacy of your Likes”. It will list the categories and their privacy settings.
How do I make close friends on Facebook?
Go to your friend’s profile. Tap below their profile picture. Tap Edit Friend List then select Close friends. Tap Done.
How do I stop getting notifications when someone posts on Facebook 2021?
To adjust notifications for a Page:
- From you News Feed, tap Search at the top of Facebook.
- Enter the name of the Page and choose from the results.
- Go to the Page.
- Tap then tap Following.
- Tap Edit Notification Settings.
- Select the type of notifications you want to receive (example: Standard, Highlights or Off).
How can I stop my friends getting notified of my likes and comments in Facebook 2021?
How to hide your likes on Facebook
- Log into your Facebook account and navigate to your personal page.
- On the toolbar under your cover photo, hover over “More” and then click “Likes” from the dropdown menu.
- Click the pencil icon, then select “Edit the Privacy of Your Likes.”
How do I stop friends from being notified when I post comment in a group?
Go to your settings and change it from public to private. You can also decide from your group who you don’t want to see what you post.
- Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- Click Notifications in the left column.
- Click On Facebook.
- Next to Close Friends activity, select On or Off.
Instagram app for Android and iPhone:
- Go to their profile.
- Tap in the top right.
- Tap next to Posts, Stories, Reels or Videos to turn notifications on or off.
- Or tap next to Live Videos and select any notification option.
Do you think someone is stealing original ideas, and not giving credit ?!? When you share a user’s photo on your feed, she will get a notification that says [Person’s Name] shared your post. If the user clicks on the notification, they will be taken to the post.
Check Your Notifications
If a post has been shared, it’ll tell you the name of the person and how many hours ago they shared it. You may also receive an email informing you of this, depending on if you have email updates set up.