There are currently only two ways to “earn” the option to add links into Instagram stories: Either have 10,000+ followers or have a verified account. Links in Instagram stories were originally only available to users with a huge number of followers.
There are two ways to qualify for this useful feature. You either have to make it to 10,000 followers, or you must have a verified account. If you don’t meet at least one of those guidelines, the linking feature will not be available to you.
How to Add Links to Your Stories
- Capture or upload content to your story.
- Select the sticker tool from the top navigation bar.
- Tap the “Link” sticker to add your desired link and tap “Done”
- Place the sticker on your story — like our other stickers — and tap on the sticker to see color variations.
You can’t put links in an Instagram post. Instead, Instagram app users can only put one link in their bios. Not only does this mean constantly switching bio links depending on your social media campaign, but performance tracking is a nightmare. Cue the Instagram swipe up feature.
How do you put a link on Instagram 2020 stories?
- Upload a photo or video to your story on Instagram.
- In the Story editor, click on the chain icon in the top right of the Story page.
- Click on the add URL button.
- Paste or type the URL that you would like to include in your story.
How do I get the URL for my Instagram?
How do I get a link (URL) to a photo or video on Instagram?
- Open your web browser.
- Go to instagram.com/username. For example, if the username is “johnsmith,” type in instagram.com/johnsmith as the URL.
- Click the post you want to save and copy the link at the top of your browser.
If you don’t have a verified account or 10,000 followers, you can use IGTV to activate the swipe-up feature. In order to do so, you must switch to a business account if you don’t already have one. Create a video using IGTV. You can add a link in the description of the video and that’s the way to get leads, for example.
If the update doesn’t work, try deleting and re-downloading the app. Just make sure you’ve written down your password (and your Finsta password, and your pet account password…) beforehand, because you will have to log in again.
Just look for the link sticker or type “link” on the search bar. Once you see the link sticker, tap on it and then enter the full URL of the site or page you want to link to. Tap “Done.” Hold and drag the link sticker to whichever position you want it to appear in your story.
Create a hyperlink to a location on the web
- Select the text or picture that you want to display as a hyperlink.
- Press Ctrl+K. You can also right-click the text or picture and click Link on the shortcut menu.
- In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box.