How do you repost a story on Instagram?
How to Repost an Instagram Post to a Story
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device and locate the Instagram post you want to share.
- Tap the paper airplane icon > Add post to your story. …
- The post now appears embedded in a new Instagram story. …
- Tap Your Story to publish as a new Instagram story.
Tap the person’s profile picture to see their Story. Once the Story that you’d like to share shows up on your screen, tap the three dots in the lower-right corner. 2. Tap “Copy Link” or the paper airplane icon to share the story with friends.
Can I repost someone else’s Instagram story?
Should you repost other people’s Instagram Story? … Not at all, it’s totally fine to repost someone else’s Instagram story. But there are a few things you should keep in mind. Not everyone loves having their content re-shared, and people won’t be happy if you’ve made their content look like your own picture.
Activate “Allow sharing” in Instagram
The most typical reason is that the person who publishes the original story has not allowed their followers to share. To mark it, go to your profile -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Story Controls -> Shared Content.
The ‘Add post to story’ button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, you will not see the button in the sharing menu under the post. Check posts from other accounts, preferably from a celebrity, and see if you can view the resharing option.
How to Share an Instagram Post to Your Story
- Tap the paper airplane icon (share button) underneath a feed post.
- Select “Add Post to Your Story”.
- Edit the post in your Instagram Story — you can move, rotate, scale, and tap to explore other sticker styles.