You can block different degrees of profanity from appearing on your Page. Facebook determines what to block by using the most commonly reported words and phrases marked offensive by the community. To turn on profanity filter: Click Settings at the top of your Page. Click Profanity Filter.
Does Facebook allow profanity?
While Facebook’s rules do not expressly forbid swearing, and it can be used in posts, comments and messages, there are certain types of speech that are forbidden, and these offenses should be reported to keep your page clean.
Can you MUTE a word on Facebook?
Well, Facebook is testing a new feature that’ll let you temporarily mute any topic. With Keyword Snooze, you can temporarily stop Facebook posts that contain certain keywords from hitting your News Feed.
How do I block 18 content on Facebook?
Through mobile: Select the menu button at the bottom right > Scroll down to “Settings & Privacy” > Blocking > Add to blocked list > Enter the name or email address of the individual you wish to block. Through their profile: Select the menu (…) button on their profile > “Block.”
Can you filter content on Facebook?
You can use Facebook filters to filter content out. The little carrot icon top right-hand corner of every post will allow you to un-follow certain posts. It will also give you the option to filter pages, or to block ads! You can also put your friends in priority.
Where is the profanity filter on Facebook?
To turn the profanity filter on or off:
- Log into Facebook from a computer.
- From your News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page and click Settings at the top.
- From General, click Profanity Filter.
- Next to Profanity Filter, click the box to turn the setting on or off.
- Click Save.
How do I turn on profanity filter on Facebook?
To turn on profanity filter: Click Settings at the top of your Page. Click Profanity Filter. Select Medium or Strong.
Moderate Your Facebook Page
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- Click Page Moderation.
- Type the words you want to block, separated by commas. …
- Click Save Changes.
How do I block a topic on Facebook?
How to block topics and publishers in Facebook News
- Tap on the three dots next to a story by that publisher.
- Tap ‘Hide all from [publisher]’ to prevent content from that site appearing in your feed the future.
What is Social Fixer on Facebook?
Social Fixer is a FREE browser extension that improves FB by adding a tabbed news feed, feed filtering ability (hide the junk!), themes (skins), thumbnail previews, timeline cleanup, and more! Guaranteed to make Facebook better!
How do you block certain posts on Facebook?
Hiding a single post
- Create a status update, and hit the pull-down menu to the left of the Post button.
- Choose custom.
- Under the “Don’t share this with” heading, type in the names of any people you don’t want to see the post.
How does Facebook profanity filter work?
The profanity filter explains that “Facebook will block the most commonly reported words and phrases marked as offensive by the broader community.” Admins can set the profanity filter to strong, medium, or none, though Facebook does not provide a list of exactly what words will be filtered under each setting.
What words are forbidden on Facebook?
Here are a few of the things that aren’t allowed on Facebook:
- Nudity or other sexually suggestive content.
- Hate speech, credible threats or direct attacks on an individual or group.
- Content that contains self-harm or excessive violence.
- Fake or impostor profiles.
What words can you not use on Facebook?
- Hate Speech. Policy Rationale. …
- Graphic Violence. Policy Rationale. …
- Adult Nudity and Sexual Activity. Policy Rationale. …
- Cruel and Insensitive. Policy Rationale.