When you post something on Facebook, you can use the audience selector to choose who can like or comment on it. If you create a public post, by default everyone can like or comment, even people who aren’t following you. However, you can change who can like or comment on your public posts in your follower settings.
Can non friends see my comments on Facebook?
Others’ Facebook Profile Pages
If your friend’s photos are publicly visible, anyone can see your comment. In addition, friends of anyone tagged in a photo can see the photo and comments.
How do you comment privately on Facebook?
Here are the steps to do so.
- Open the Facebook comment conversation you want to reply privately to. …
- Click on the three-dot menu beside the Facebook comment.
- Choose the Reply Privately option in the pop-up menu.
- You can now choose to like the comment, reply privately, or take other conversation actions.
Can people who are not my friends see my posts?
If the person whose Wall you post on has kept her profile hidden from non-friends, then your own friends will not necessarily be able to see your posts on her Wall. The only people on your friend list that will see your posts are those users who are also friends with the Wall owner.
How do I stop my comments from appearing on other people’s news feed?
Click the “Edit” button next to each app and then click the audience selector next to the “Posts on your behalf” option. Select who these posts should be visible to or click “Only Me” to prevent them from appearing on anyone’s news feed.
How do I stop friends from being notified when I post comment in a group?
Go to your settings and change it from public to private. You can also decide from your group who you don’t want to see what you post.
- Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- Click Notifications in the left column.
- Click On Facebook.
- Next to Close Friends activity, select On or Off.
When you reply to a comment on Facebook who sees it?
If you’re an admin, editor or moderator, you can reply to comments on your Page’s posts publicly or in a private message. When you reply with a private message, anyone can see that your Page has responded privately below the comment.
Can I stop someone from seeing my Facebook posts without unfriending them?
Tap a friend’s name in your friends list or on a post of theirs in your News Feed, tap the Friends button, then tap Take a Break. Under the Limit What [name of friend] Will See section, tap See Options, then tap “Hide your posts from [name of friend].” Doing so will put the friend on your Restricted list.
How do I post to public without friends seeing?
Here’s How to Stop Facebook Friends From Seeing Your Posts
- Step 1: Go the profile of the user you’d like to add to your Restricted List. …
- Step 2: Tap the “Friends” button under the user’s name.
- Step 3: Tap “Edit Friend Lists.”
- Step 4: Scroll to the bottom of the list, and tap “Restricted” to add a check mark to this row.
Can I block someone from seeing my public posts on Facebook?
Not only can you exclude the public or all of your Facebook friends from seeing your posts, but you can also exclude specific individuals. If you want to hide posts from specific friends from your friends list, go to “Friends Except” on Facebook and type the name of the friend you want to exclude.
How do I change Comment settings on Facebook?
To turn the comment ranking setting on or off:
- Switch into the Page you want to use.
- In the top right, click your Page photo.
- Click Settings & Privacy, then select Settings.
- In the left menu, click Privacy, then select Public Posts.
- Next to Comment Ranking, click Edit.
- Select On or Off.