How do I turn off Message requests on Instagram?
How to turn off Instagram message requests notifications
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap the hamburger icon.
- Choose Settings → Notifications.
- Tap Messages.
- Select Off for Message Requests.
How do I stop getting Message requests from strangers on Instagram?
Open the Instagram app and tap the profile icon at the bottom-right corner. Tap the Menu icon at the top-right and select Settings. Go to Privacy and tap Messages. To stop getting spam DMs from unknown people, tap the “Others on Instagram” option.
How do I turn off Message requests?
To control who can send you a message request and where they send it to in your Messenger settings:
- Open your Messenger app.
- From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left.
- From the menu, tap Privacy.
- Tap Message Delivery.
- Tap on the people you want to control messages for.
Why do I get so many Message requests on Instagram?
It’s easy to see message requests on Instagram if users you don’t follow send you a direct message. When users who you don’t follow send you direct messages, their messages will appear as message requests that you can accept or decline. You can also block their account from the same screen.
How do I change my DM settings on Instagram?
Update Your Instagram DMs to Access Themes
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the Instagram app.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Finally, tap the Update Messaging option. …
- A list of changes made to Instagram Messaging will be displayed; tap Update to proceed.