To do the latter, open the Twitter app and tap on your profile icon in the top left corner. From the menu that appears select Profile then tap the Edit Profile button. At the top of the next screen you’ll see the text field for your name. Simply select it, delete the existing one and replace it with your new name.
How do I remove my display name on Twitter?
How to change your Twitter name on your phone
- If the app doesn’t open directly to your profile page, tap your small profile picture. …
- In the sidebar, tap the profile picture to go directly to your profile page. …
- You can tap “Edit profile” on your profile page to change your display name and other things.
Why can’t I change my display name on Twitter?
Make sure that your account is activated. If it’s not, you won’t be able to change your Twitter Display name. The other possible reason can be the use of specific terms in your name. For example, Twitter doesn’t allow any unverified account to use ‘Twitter’ or ‘Admin’ in their name.
Can you change name on Twitter?
Navigate to Settings and privacy and tap Account. Tap Username and update the username currently listed in the Username field. If the username is taken, you’ll be prompted to choose another one. Tap Done.
How do you remove your name from Twitter 2021?
The procedure is as follows:
- Open the Twitter mobile app.
- Tap on your profile icon on the upper left corner of the screen.
- On the menu that appears, tap on Settings and privacy.
- From the list, tap on Account.
- Under Login and security, tap on Username.
- Type in your desired username. …
- Tap on Done.
How do I change my name on Twitter 2021?
How to change your Twitter handle from an Android device
- Go to “Settings and privacy”and tap “Account.”
- Tap on “Twitter” and then choose your username.
- Enter a new Twitter handle in the field that appears, and click “OK.”
Should I use my real name on Twitter?
Ideally, as an individual, your username should be your real name. For example, if your name was John Smith, your Twitter username should be, in an ideal world, @JohnSmith.
How do I know what my Twitter username is?
A Twitter handle is the username that appears at the end of your unique Twitter URL. A Twitter handle is not the same as a Twitter name. Twitter handles appear after the @ sign in your profile URL and it must be unique to your account.
How do you edit your Twitter profile?
How to customize your profile
- Sign in to twitter.com or open your Twitter app (iOS or Android).
- Go to your profile.
- Click or tap the Edit profile button and you’ll be able to edit your: …
- Click or tap into any of these areas and make your changes.